Friday, January 28, 2011

FLYlady &1950's woman.

Day 7.
Well So far so good!
I have been following the FLYlady's babysteps religiously for a week. My house looks great and I feel so proud of myself! I've added the extra 15 minutes declutter to my every day routine also and it's all combined to make our house more of a home. There's no more stressed out Mummy when hubby comes home from work and the kids are even getting more attention. 
I know that should someone just pop over my house that I would not be too embarrassed (ok so I do want to shampoo my carpet before any VIP turns up but my family doesn't care about that sort of stuff!) My sink is shiny (one or two dishes next to the sink is acceptable and much better that a full days worth like it used to be!), my kitchen bench is wiped down and the clutter is kept to a minimum by my "hot spot" cleaning everyday. My table has only our water bottles on it and a lovely bunch of daisy like flowers. My desk is not overflowing with "to do/read/put away" stuff and the lounge room is free of mess.
In the interest of complete disclosure tho, I have stopped wearing lace up shoes for the last 2 days. I am however wearing some slip on shoes and being vigilant in that I don't take them off till I knock off (after the kids go to bed and the only thing I have left to do is have a shower and shine my sink!). My feet just couldn't handle the heat. I mean is 40 degrees C today c'mon! I think that FLYlady is right about the theory behind lace up shoes, that it makes you do just that little bit more than usual - rather than kicking your shoes of and end up sitting down all arvo. However I think once the habit is made, shoes are shoes - as long as you pretend that you can't take them off easily it wont matter (as long as its not thongs- aka flip flops - I think thongs affect your psyche!
Not bad considering that I have a 5.5yr old and a 2.5yr old at home full time (school starts full time in a week for my 5.5yr old! WOOHOO), I've got pregnancy nausea bouts kicking me along with the first trimester fatigue (no- its more than tiredness - its fatigue - think about it - I'm growing a WHOLE NEW PERSON!) and I have a cold.

Also while decluttering this week I have managed to put together 15 shopping bags of clothes, shoes and assorted bits and pieces to donate to the local charity box. My old clothes will do someone a heck of alot better than cluttering up the bottom of my wardrobe! 
So in 7 days I have managed to change my life. I'm more positive than I've ever been, I feel proud of myself, I feel I've done some good to a deserving charity, my kids and hubby are happier & I feel virtuous & worthy of respect! Yey for me!

9 comments:

Kerry and Stephen said...

Good on you Cassie, you should be proud of yourself.

I am really enjoying reading your blog!!

Shaen said...

That all sounds pretty impressive Cas, especially for a lady who is mad on knicknacks and cute things to put around the house. I remember you and Jojo were terrors anywhere near a newsagent or anywhere that had cute stuff.
Confession......I STILL love buying biros and pencils.
Love to the rugrats...all 2.1 of them....xxxx

Shaen said...

So how's the Flylady going these days?
Why did you stop blogging here? I was enjoying them.
Hmmm, perhaps I need to think about that.

Shaen said...

So how's the Flylady going these days?
Why did you stop blogging here? I was enjoying them.
Hmmm, perhaps I need to think about that.

NerdyAussieMum said...

It's going well, thank you.
The routine was a bit harder at first after having had Lucas but as he's settled in well and sticking to it came easier again. Had a couple of sick kids for a while - they all had thankfully mild cases of chicken pox (EVEN with the vaccine!) and the change of season gave the kids the flu. However they're all better and hardy again now. The no#1 principle is to just stick to the routine of cleaning and plan your day so that you feel better about how you feel about yourself. It really rings for me.
Funnily enough your the second person who told they missed my blogs! Tickled pink. Thank you.
I've been thinking about doing it again. I guess I will.
Love From the kids 4 Poppa - they loved the kisses. Will see you soon!
Love xxxx
NerdyAussieMum
Cassie :D

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/atorvastatin]lipitor withdrawal symptoms
[/url]buy lipitor in uk
lipitor youtube
atorvastatin krka 20 mg
atorvastatin 10 mg dosage
lipitor discount card

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/clarithromycin]biaxin 500 mg
[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sustiva-efavirenz.webs.com/]buy Generic Sustiva 200 mg
[/url] purchase Generic Sustiva 600 mg
order Sustiva
order Generic Sustiva 600 mg online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://rebetol-online.webs.com/]rebetol buy
[/url] order rebetol
ribavirin 200 mg online
rebetol 200 mg