Sunday, January 23, 2011

FLYlady

Today is day 2 of my attempting the FLYlady program.

Last night I took the first step with "SHINE YOUR SINK". It looks fabulous. I was very proud of myself. I was up late doing it - but I did it. My sink is so shiny I can see my blurry self looking back at me!

Today I followed step 2 "GET DRESSED TO YOUR SHOES". I have to admit having read the purpose behind it made alot of sense and gave me that old feeling "well duh - why didn't I think of that?" Tonight I will maintain my shiny sink.

You see I've been looking online for months on how to be a better "50's Housewife" and I've been doing better than ever before. But.....I've found that occasionally I let it slide. So I was looking online for inspiration and guidance to keep me on track.

One of the ways I've been doing better is by keeping and maintaining my http://organizedhome.com/  Household Notebook/folder. It's helped me keep ontop of all the outings I've had to make (in combination with my awesome IPHONE - more on that later), the chores for the day & the meal planning/grocery shopping. The daily planner I now use is here .

My IPHONE's calender has been great for reminding me (thank you alarm/reminder function) for checking and making appointments when I'm not at home and it even makes my computer beep at me when I have to get ready for something. This week tho, I will also be adding the Cozi Calender to my Iphone as recommended by FLYlady.  I love that its an individual & a family calender, holds shopping lists that you can check items on and holds as many To do lists that you want. The best part is that I can be anywhere and check &/or edit those things while hubby can  log on at work and do the same thing.....he can also see that I've made an appointment he needs to attend or the list of things I want him to pickup on his way home.

FLYlady so far has really impressed me with her logical approach to making this easier. Nuggets of wisdom abound the site such as:
Make it a habit - so you don't have to think about it (something I'll need when I'm sleep deprived with bubs #3).
Start slowly so you don't discourage yourself - learn only 3 things at once.
Don't be hard on yourself - your only human.
You'd be surprised at how much you can do in 15 minutes!!!
Being a perfectionist can be whats holding you back from a happy home - you'll honestly feel better if its done wrong than if it's not done at all (when it comes to cleaning).
CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) is something I want gone from my life and ....
Clutter makes it harder to keep it clean - time to declutter & how!

OK so by now your probably wondering "WTF is a FLYlady"? Well simply its the lady who created the systems nickname (she likes fly fishing and considers herself a lady) but it also describes some of the things you start to do as you develop more and more positive habits. You take "FLYing Lessons" (Finally Loving Yourself) as you achieve more habits you can feel more and more proud of yourself! Something most of us could use!

So this is my gauntlet. I've thrown it down for myself. I started yesterday with something very simple - I made my sink shine. Today I got dressed to my shoes (check out her website for why shoes) and will keep my sink shiny. Tomorrow I will do the same. I will make positive habits a part of my life!

What are you doing to make your life the way you want it to be?

No comments: