Monday, January 17, 2011

Quick Update.

Not in order - here is a quick view at my last few months.
1.       Had a great Christmas. Was spoilt rotten and spoiled my kids rotten too. We refuse to apologise for being consumerists. Did spend time making sure we appreciated the holiday spirit and the meaning behind the tinsel tho.
2.      Was crazy busy! Finally calmed down recently but I've been too fatigued/nauseated to make use of the free time so haven't managed to keep my house to the way I like it. Very embarrassing.
3.      New Years was great! New years resolutions made. Small BBQ with my Dad and Sam's brothers was nice. Was not impressed finding the Nintendo Wii full of coins tho!
4.      Travis has been put on Dexamphetamines for ADHD and is responding wonderfully. If you don't believe in either - I don't want to hear about it! We've seen GP's, a social worker, a paediatrician, a clinical phsyc, an Occupational Therapist, tried soooo many other "programs" and well meant suggestions over the years. We will keep trying tho and hope that one day he'll out grow the condition or his need for meds. If not - we'll still love him and try to be the best parents we can be. In the meantime - at least he can sit still long enough to get a decent education!
5.       I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant according to the doc (I bet you guessed that when I said I was nauseated didn't you!). Scan to follow in a week or so. We are thrilled and don't mind what sex the baby is - we just want them/it/he/she/jelly bean healthy! I'm due around the 10th of September 2011. This will make 3 kids out of the 4 that we eventually want to have. I'm doing ok but can't wait till the 2nd trimester begins and the nausea, fatigue & dizzy waves pass and I start to look pregnant.
6.       My nephew was born on Christmas Eve........Fox is amazing and we all adore him. I have to beg and fight for cuddles. Imzadi is handling it quite well (in no small part to Jo's wonderful guidance/parenting).
7.      I love Kaz Cooke. What can I say? The girl just tickles my funny bone in a way that has me rushing for the bathroom. She brings funny to a subject that no one else dares to while being unbiased, informative and reliable!
8.      My daughter just put the kitten in her dolly's shirt ......hmmmm better go help him out....

Love you all!
xoxoxoxo

No comments: